Uttar Pradesh clears ropeways construction at religious spots
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has given a green signal for the construction of ropeways in Barsana, Mirzapur and Chitrakoot- all religious places and known to attract thousands of devotees each year, an official said on Wednesday.
The proposals were cleared by the Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (IIDC). Under the proposed project, ropeways would be built under the public-private-partnership (PPP) model.
The Mathura-Vrindavan Development Authority has now been directed to create a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for construction of a ropeway in Barsana, the birth place of Goddess Radha.
Barsana, close to religious spots Mathura and Vrindavan, attracts millions of domestic and foreign tourists every year.
The `lath maar holi` of this place is world famous and we want to tap the potential of this place as a tourist attraction, an official told a news agency.
The state government has also cleared the decks for construction of a ropeway for `Laxman Sthal` in the Devangana valley at Chitrakoot.
It has also cleared ropeway plans for the Vindhyavasini temple in Mirzapur, which is thronged by devotees from across the country throughout the year.
Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh, Rashtriya Janata Dal president Lalu Prasad, Rajya Sabha member Kusum Rai, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh, are devotees and visit the place frequently. Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan and his family have also in the past been regulars at the Vindhyavasini temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what