Uttar Pradesh clears ropeways construction at religious spots
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has given a green signal for the construction of ropeways in Barsana, Mirzapur and Chitrakoot- all religious places and known to attract thousands of devotees each year, an official said on Wednesday.
The proposals were cleared by the Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (IIDC). Under the proposed project, ropeways would be built under the public-private-partnership (PPP) model.
The Mathura-Vrindavan Development Authority has now been directed to create a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for construction of a ropeway in Barsana, the birth place of Goddess Radha.
Barsana, close to religious spots Mathura and Vrindavan, attracts millions of domestic and foreign tourists every year.
The `lath maar holi` of this place is world famous and we want to tap the potential of this place as a tourist attraction, an official told a news agency.
The state government has also cleared the decks for construction of a ropeway for `Laxman Sthal` in the Devangana valley at Chitrakoot.
It has also cleared ropeway plans for the Vindhyavasini temple in Mirzapur, which is thronged by devotees from across the country throughout the year.
Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh, Rashtriya Janata Dal president Lalu Prasad, Rajya Sabha member Kusum Rai, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh, are devotees and visit the place frequently. Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan and his family have also in the past been regulars at the Vindhyavasini temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today