Vote as per conscience: UP govt employees to MPs on quota bill
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government employees protesting against a bill to provide reservation in promotion to SCs/STs in government jobs on Sunday appealed all Rajya Sabha members to vote as per their conscience.
Claiming support of Aam Aadmi Party of Arvind Kejariwal, President of Sarvjan Hitay Samiti Shailendra Dubey told reporters that the committee has send SMSes and e-mails to Rajya Sabha MPs urging them not to get the constitutional amendment bill passed in the Upper House.
He said in case a political party does not issue notice to its members to vote in favour of the bill, they should vote as per their conscience.
Dubey said that spokesman of Aam Aadmi Party Manish Sisodia has send an e-mail extending support to the agitation against reservation in promotion.
He said the committee has organised a strike on the day of voting on the bill tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Arakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, the organisation supporting reservation, in its emergent meeting demanded that offices closed by anti-reservation employees should be opened amidst tight security.
Convenor of the organisation Awadhesh Kumar Verma said it has been decided that pro-reservation staff would work for additional four hours.
He said the organisation has asked all political parties to support the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch