Vote as per conscience: UP govt employees to MPs on quota bill
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government employees protesting against a bill to provide reservation in promotion to SCs/STs in government jobs on Sunday appealed all Rajya Sabha members to vote as per their conscience.
Claiming support of Aam Aadmi Party of Arvind Kejariwal, President of Sarvjan Hitay Samiti Shailendra Dubey told reporters that the committee has send SMSes and e-mails to Rajya Sabha MPs urging them not to get the constitutional amendment bill passed in the Upper House.
He said in case a political party does not issue notice to its members to vote in favour of the bill, they should vote as per their conscience.
Dubey said that spokesman of Aam Aadmi Party Manish Sisodia has send an e-mail extending support to the agitation against reservation in promotion.
He said the committee has organised a strike on the day of voting on the bill tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Arakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, the organisation supporting reservation, in its emergent meeting demanded that offices closed by anti-reservation employees should be opened amidst tight security.
Convenor of the organisation Awadhesh Kumar Verma said it has been decided that pro-reservation staff would work for additional four hours.
He said the organisation has asked all political parties to support the bill.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis