Will hold meeting to find political alternative: Govindacharya
Farrukhabad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party ideologue K Govindacharya on Monday claimed a "mad rush" was on among political parties to get power and there was a need for an political alternative.
"Political parties in the country were working like `gangs` to gain supremacy in the struggle for power," Govindacharya told reporters at an event to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
To find a solution to that problem, Govindacharya said that a round table conference of various organisations and some political parties would be held in Delhi in May on the occasion of Basant Panchami.
He said that a strategy for change will be drawn up at the conference which is to be attended by around 350 participants.
Without naming any particular party, Govindacharya alleged that in the "mad rush for power", politicians have forgotten their principles and obligations.
He said that to bring politics back on the track there was a need to create a new foundation for "alternative politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?