Woman, 5 others held for killing her mother-in-law
Rampur: A woman has been arrested along with her paramour and four others for allegedly killing her mother-in-law, police said on Sunday.
The deceased Manju Sharma, an employee of Custom department who was posted in Meerut, was murdered on May 9 by four goons, allegedly hired by her daughter-in-law Neelam, District Superintendent of Police (SP) Umesh Kumar Singh said.
The SP said that Neelam had hired the goons by paying Rs 70,000, which she collected after disposing of her jewellery.
The reason behind the murder is Neelam`s love affair with another accused Jagat Pal Singh, who belongs to Sambhal district in Uttar Pradesh, he said.
Neelam had also demanded a quantum of share of the victim`s salary, which was turned down by Manju, he said.
All the five accused including Neelam, Ravi, Jagat Pal Singh, Mahipal Yadav and Brajesh Yadav, both belonging to Shahabad area of Rampur district, were arrested and sent to jail on Saturday, the SP said.
Sleuths had availed call details which pointed out that Neelam had long conversations with Jagat Pal Singh before committing the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video