Woman, 5 others held for killing her mother-in-law
Rampur: A woman has been arrested along with her paramour and four others for allegedly killing her mother-in-law, police said on Sunday.
The deceased Manju Sharma, an employee of Custom department who was posted in Meerut, was murdered on May 9 by four goons, allegedly hired by her daughter-in-law Neelam, District Superintendent of Police (SP) Umesh Kumar Singh said.
The SP said that Neelam had hired the goons by paying Rs 70,000, which she collected after disposing of her jewellery.
The reason behind the murder is Neelam`s love affair with another accused Jagat Pal Singh, who belongs to Sambhal district in Uttar Pradesh, he said.
Neelam had also demanded a quantum of share of the victim`s salary, which was turned down by Manju, he said.
All the five accused including Neelam, Ravi, Jagat Pal Singh, Mahipal Yadav and Brajesh Yadav, both belonging to Shahabad area of Rampur district, were arrested and sent to jail on Saturday, the SP said.
Sleuths had availed call details which pointed out that Neelam had long conversations with Jagat Pal Singh before committing the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars