Woman delivers twins on train - for the second time!
Lucknow: A woman from Uttar Pradesh gave birth to twins on a moving train - the second time in four years that she has delivered twins in a train!
The bizarre coincidence took place Sunday on board the Kushinagar Express. Zubin Nisha, along with her husband, was travelling from Mumbai to Gonda for delivery when she went into labour in the general compartment (S-10) between Unnao and Lucknow.
As the train chugged ahead, alarmed fellow passengers cleared the area around berth 63 and made room for other women passengers to attend to the woman.
Some passengers called railway staff and alerted a medical team stationed at Lucknow of the "developments on the train". The medical team was kept on standby mode.
Before the train could reach Lucknow, however, the woman gave birth to twin boys. Both the babies were handed over to the waiting medical team, safe and healthy.
The mother and the twins were immediately wheeled away to the Queen Mary Hospital here, officials told a news agency.
Habibullah, the proud father of the twins, said they were going to their village Kundera in Gonda when his wife went into labour in Kanpur. But before he could decide on de-boarding the train, the train moved, and he was left with no option but to wait till the train reached Lucknow.
"I am very thankful to Allah and my fellow passengers who helped me a lot," Habibullah said, adding that he and Zuben have four-year-old twins, a boy and a girl, who also arrived in a moving train.
Cradling the two babies, Habibullah said he was feeling on "top of the world" and shared the amusement of his co-passengers that his wife had delivered twins twice in a moving train.
"Well, indeed this is some sort of a record, but what can I say," he said, sounding a bit surprised himself. "I can call this a rare blessing of god almighty that my kids come into this world in such a manner," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?