Woman gives birth to stillborn at relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A riot victim, staying at a relief camp in neighbouring Shamli district, reportedly gave birth to a still-born baby, with her family alleging that inadequate prenatal treatment was provided to her.
Ruksar who has been staying at the relief camp in Kandhla in Shamli district suffered labour pain on Thursday night following which she was taken to a government health centre where she gave birth to a stillborn child in the wee hours of Friday, her family claimed.
Ruksar`s husband, Izmanulhaq and other family members have alleged that lack of timely and adequate facilities available at the relief camp during the time of her labour pain led to the still birth.
The family have been staging protest at the camp since the incident and have demanded strict action.
On contacting, the health centre`s superintendent Ramesh Chandra said an inquiry into the incident has been ordered.
Meanwhile, 24 pregnant women have been identified in Muzaffarnagar district in Loi camp by the administration.
Officials claim that the women have been asked to shift to a nearby hospital, but they have refused to move before their labour pain starts.
The camp at Loi presently houses more than 2,000 riot victims of which approximately half are children.
Sixteen deaths have taken place at the camp due to ailments and medical causes.
The September riots in Muzaffarnagar had left over 60 people dead and rendered thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY