Woman gives birth to stillborn at relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A riot victim, staying at a relief camp in neighbouring Shamli district, reportedly gave birth to a still-born baby, with her family alleging that inadequate prenatal treatment was provided to her.
Ruksar who has been staying at the relief camp in Kandhla in Shamli district suffered labour pain on Thursday night following which she was taken to a government health centre where she gave birth to a stillborn child in the wee hours of Friday, her family claimed.
Ruksar`s husband, Izmanulhaq and other family members have alleged that lack of timely and adequate facilities available at the relief camp during the time of her labour pain led to the still birth.
The family have been staging protest at the camp since the incident and have demanded strict action.
On contacting, the health centre`s superintendent Ramesh Chandra said an inquiry into the incident has been ordered.
Meanwhile, 24 pregnant women have been identified in Muzaffarnagar district in Loi camp by the administration.
Officials claim that the women have been asked to shift to a nearby hospital, but they have refused to move before their labour pain starts.
The camp at Loi presently houses more than 2,000 riot victims of which approximately half are children.
Sixteen deaths have taken place at the camp due to ailments and medical causes.
The September riots in Muzaffarnagar had left over 60 people dead and rendered thousands homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!