Woman gives birth to stillborn at relief camp
Muzaffarnagar: A riot victim, staying at a relief camp in neighbouring Shamli district, reportedly gave birth to a still-born baby, with her family alleging that inadequate prenatal treatment was provided to her.
Ruksar who has been staying at the relief camp in Kandhla in Shamli district suffered labour pain on Thursday night following which she was taken to a government health centre where she gave birth to a stillborn child in the wee hours of Friday, her family claimed.
Ruksar`s husband, Izmanulhaq and other family members have alleged that lack of timely and adequate facilities available at the relief camp during the time of her labour pain led to the still birth.
The family have been staging protest at the camp since the incident and have demanded strict action.
On contacting, the health centre`s superintendent Ramesh Chandra said an inquiry into the incident has been ordered.
Meanwhile, 24 pregnant women have been identified in Muzaffarnagar district in Loi camp by the administration.
Officials claim that the women have been asked to shift to a nearby hospital, but they have refused to move before their labour pain starts.
The camp at Loi presently houses more than 2,000 riot victims of which approximately half are children.
Sixteen deaths have taken place at the camp due to ailments and medical causes.
The September riots in Muzaffarnagar had left over 60 people dead and rendered thousands homeless.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed