Woman killed in cracker factory explosion in UP
Gorakhpur: A pregnant woman was killed and three others were injured in an explosion in a cracker factory in Siktaur area of the district, police said Thursday.
The explosion, which took place last evening, was so strong that the parts of the body of the woman were scattered in a 200 metre radius, they said.
The deceased woman was identified as 30-year-old Shanti of nearby Durgapur village. The injured were identified as Ravi (25), Meera (35) and Nirmala (38), the police said.
The factory did not have a valid license, SSP Shalabh Mathur said.
"Samples of explosives are being sent for forensic investigation," he said.
District Magistrate Ravi Kumar N.G. Has ordered a magisterial probe into the incident.
The factory belonged to one Iftekhar Ahmad of the village who is absconding since the incident, the SSP said, adding police teams have been deployed to nab the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof