Woman raped by robbers in Uttar Pradesh
Badaun: A trader was held captive and his wife allegedly raped by two youths during an armed robbery in Kotwali area, a senior police officer said here on Sunday.
The trader, a grocery shop owner, was closing for the day when the two motorcycle-borne youths approached him last night and asked for a soft drink, Additional Superintendent of Police Maan Singh said.
When the trader went inside his house to fulfil the request, the accused overpowered him and locked him inside a room.
They raped his wife before fleeing with jewellery, Rs 25,000 cash and mobile phones, the ASP said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion