Woman slips while deboarding from train; dies
Kanpur: A 40-year-old woman slipped while deboarding from a train at the Kanpur central railway station and got stuck in between the platform and train, police said on Monday.
Railway officials took over an hour to get her out and she was rushed to hospital, where she allegedly died during treatment due to shock, police said.
"Punam was trying to deboard the train before it had come to a complete halt. During this, she lost her balance and fell in the narrow gap between the train and the platform," station manager RN Trivedi said.
The area of the platform where the woman was stuck had to be broken and the steps attached to the rail boggie were also unscrewed to let the women out, he said, adding that the process took over an hour.
The victim`s mother and brother were also present on the spot when the incident took place.
No bruises were seen on her body but she had fainted due to shock, they said.
She was taken to a hospital where she died during treatment, police said.
Railway administration is probing the case and has appealed to commuters not to deboard or board from moving trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics