Woman slips while deboarding from train; dies
Kanpur: A 40-year-old woman slipped while deboarding from a train at the Kanpur central railway station and got stuck in between the platform and train, police said on Monday.
Railway officials took over an hour to get her out and she was rushed to hospital, where she allegedly died during treatment due to shock, police said.
"Punam was trying to deboard the train before it had come to a complete halt. During this, she lost her balance and fell in the narrow gap between the train and the platform," station manager RN Trivedi said.
The area of the platform where the woman was stuck had to be broken and the steps attached to the rail boggie were also unscrewed to let the women out, he said, adding that the process took over an hour.
The victim`s mother and brother were also present on the spot when the incident took place.
No bruises were seen on her body but she had fainted due to shock, they said.
She was taken to a hospital where she died during treatment, police said.
Railway administration is probing the case and has appealed to commuters not to deboard or board from moving trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video