Women Power Line 1090 centres to be set up across UP
Zee News Bureau
Lucknow: In a bid to ensure that help reaches women in distress, the Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday announced setting of Women Power line 1090 centres across Uttar Pradesh.
The Women Power Line will offer help to women on all issues, besides helping in better coordination with the Central government.
The 24-hour women helpline -- 1090 – is a potent tool to curb crime against women and is a massive improvement on the current system where the complainant would have to either call police control room – 100- in case of emergency or approach the nearest police station for getting police help.
A series of rape cases, like the shocking Budayun double rape and murder case, appears to have severely hit the image of the Samajwadi Party.
Given the serious drubbing it received at the hands of the BJP in the Lok Sabha polls, the SP leadership had valid reasons to be upset over the negative publicity as it held the potential to damage parrty`s image among voters.
The issue was raised in the Parliament with the BJP attacking the SP over the rise in crimes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai