Women Power Line 1090 centres to be set up across UP
Zee News Bureau
Lucknow: In a bid to ensure that help reaches women in distress, the Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday announced setting of Women Power line 1090 centres across Uttar Pradesh.
The Women Power Line will offer help to women on all issues, besides helping in better coordination with the Central government.
The 24-hour women helpline -- 1090 – is a potent tool to curb crime against women and is a massive improvement on the current system where the complainant would have to either call police control room – 100- in case of emergency or approach the nearest police station for getting police help.
A series of rape cases, like the shocking Budayun double rape and murder case, appears to have severely hit the image of the Samajwadi Party.
Given the serious drubbing it received at the hands of the BJP in the Lok Sabha polls, the SP leadership had valid reasons to be upset over the negative publicity as it held the potential to damage parrty`s image among voters.
The issue was raised in the Parliament with the BJP attacking the SP over the rise in crimes in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters