Work on Lucknow Metro to begin December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of the Lucknow Metro in the Uttar Pradesh capital will begin December this year, and is expected be completed by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the state cabinet Tuesday, when it approved the detailed project report (DPR). After this, official say, work has begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association which would be signed with the union government.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has been authorised to make any further changes in the DPR of the 22.87-km stretch between the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro Rail Corpporation (DMRC) had given a DPR to the Uttar Pradesh government December 2011, and after some alterations, including enhancing the rate of return from seven to eight percent, the DPR was placed for the state cabinet`s approval.
The DMRC has also been given the work order for preparing techno-feasibility report of North-South, East-West corridors and alternative corridors like Tulsidas Marg, Subhash Marg, Shaheed Path and other areas.
The DMRC has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs 2.80 crore, and it is expected to be completed within the next nine months, officials told a news agency.
The state cabinet has approved Rs 6,757 core for the ambitious project.
Officials said the Lucknow Metro will run on standard gauge and will ply 1,574 passengers in one run.
The Akhilesh Yadav government would be seeking central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal