Work on Lucknow Metro to begin December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of the Lucknow Metro in the Uttar Pradesh capital will begin December this year, and is expected be completed by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the state cabinet Tuesday, when it approved the detailed project report (DPR). After this, official say, work has begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association which would be signed with the union government.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has been authorised to make any further changes in the DPR of the 22.87-km stretch between the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro Rail Corpporation (DMRC) had given a DPR to the Uttar Pradesh government December 2011, and after some alterations, including enhancing the rate of return from seven to eight percent, the DPR was placed for the state cabinet`s approval.
The DMRC has also been given the work order for preparing techno-feasibility report of North-South, East-West corridors and alternative corridors like Tulsidas Marg, Subhash Marg, Shaheed Path and other areas.
The DMRC has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs 2.80 crore, and it is expected to be completed within the next nine months, officials told a news agency.
The state cabinet has approved Rs 6,757 core for the ambitious project.
Officials said the Lucknow Metro will run on standard gauge and will ply 1,574 passengers in one run.
The Akhilesh Yadav government would be seeking central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar