Young couple commit suicide in UP
Lucknow: A young couple committed suicide here Saturday after their parents did not agree to their relationship, police said.
Sunita and Ashish, both in the age group of 18-20 years, consumed poison in Nigoha area here. Sunita died on the spot while Ashish died in a hospital.
Sunita was in love with Ashish but her parent`s got her engaged to someone else. The two were depressed and apparently took the extreme step because of this, relatives have said.
The girl slipped out of her house Friday night. Both met in a field and consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'