Youth commits suicide in Meerut police`s custody; 5 cops suspended
Meerut: A youth, arrested for allegedly kidnapping a 16-year-old girl, reportedly committed suicide in police custody on Monday.
Five policemen, including the police station in-charge, have been suspended by the SSP over the incident and case has also been lodged against them on the complaint of the deceased`s mother.
The SSP has asked Additional Superintendent of Police to inquire into the incident, police said.
Giving details, a police spokesperson said that on December 2, Sirajuddin had lodged complaint against unknown persons for abducting his daughter.
On the basis of the complaint, police had nabbed Appu on Sunday. Appu was found dead today in custody.
His postmortem was conducted by a three-member team of doctors, which said the cause of death was hanging, the spokesperson said, adding that the postmortem was also videographed.
Station in-charge Devendra Pal Singh, Yadram Singh, Arjun Singh, Head constable Bijendra Singh and Ishwar Singh have been suspended and case lodged against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi