Youth dies during police recruitment test in Lucknow
Lucknow: A youth died on Monday during a physical endurance test for recruitment of police sub-inspectors here, police said.
Satyendra Singh Yadav, a resident of Bikapur area of Faizabad district, collapsed during a 10 km race following which he was rushed to Balrampur hospital, where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, they said.
The examination for the recruitment of sub-inspectors in Uttar Pradesh Police was being held at the Lucknow police lines here.
Further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'