Youth dies in police custody in Uttar Pradesh
Bareilly (UP): A youth died in police custody here after which three policemen, including the Station House Officer, were placed under suspension and a case lodged against them, police sources said on Saturday.
Deepak Yadav (25) was taken to Kotwali police station yesterday and his family members were informed that he was ill late in the night.
Before his relatives could reach the police station, Deepak was taken to the district hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
Deepak`s brother Rajiv has alleged that he died after being assaulted by policemen.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said a case has been lodged against Station House Officer Virendra Singh Yadav and two police personnel.
His post-mortem would be conducted by a panel of three doctors and the entire process would be filmed.
Agitated over non-registration of an FIR against the policemen, Deepak`s family members earlier vandalised the police station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre