Youth dies in police custody in Uttar Pradesh
Bareilly (UP): A youth died in police custody here after which three policemen, including the Station House Officer, were placed under suspension and a case lodged against them, police sources said on Saturday.
Deepak Yadav (25) was taken to Kotwali police station yesterday and his family members were informed that he was ill late in the night.
Before his relatives could reach the police station, Deepak was taken to the district hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
Deepak`s brother Rajiv has alleged that he died after being assaulted by policemen.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said a case has been lodged against Station House Officer Virendra Singh Yadav and two police personnel.
His post-mortem would be conducted by a panel of three doctors and the entire process would be filmed.
Agitated over non-registration of an FIR against the policemen, Deepak`s family members earlier vandalised the police station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you