Youth dies in police custody in Uttar Pradesh
Bareilly (UP): A youth died in police custody here after which three policemen, including the Station House Officer, were placed under suspension and a case lodged against them, police sources said on Saturday.
Deepak Yadav (25) was taken to Kotwali police station yesterday and his family members were informed that he was ill late in the night.
Before his relatives could reach the police station, Deepak was taken to the district hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
Deepak`s brother Rajiv has alleged that he died after being assaulted by policemen.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said a case has been lodged against Station House Officer Virendra Singh Yadav and two police personnel.
His post-mortem would be conducted by a panel of three doctors and the entire process would be filmed.
Agitated over non-registration of an FIR against the policemen, Deepak`s family members earlier vandalised the police station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister