Youth dies in police custody in Uttar Pradesh
Bareilly (UP): A youth died in police custody here after which three policemen, including the Station House Officer, were placed under suspension and a case lodged against them, police sources said on Saturday.
Deepak Yadav (25) was taken to Kotwali police station yesterday and his family members were informed that he was ill late in the night.
Before his relatives could reach the police station, Deepak was taken to the district hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, the sources said.
Deepak`s brother Rajiv has alleged that he died after being assaulted by policemen.
District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said a case has been lodged against Station House Officer Virendra Singh Yadav and two police personnel.
His post-mortem would be conducted by a panel of three doctors and the entire process would be filmed.
Agitated over non-registration of an FIR against the policemen, Deepak`s family members earlier vandalised the police station, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic