Youth found dead in police lock-up in UP
Lucknow: A youth was found dead inside the police lock-up under suspicious circumstances following which six policemen were suspended in Hasanganj area, officials said here on Thursday.
25-year-old Virendra Dixit, who was picked under the Arms Act yesterday, was found hanging inside the police lockup at Hasanganj Police Station late last night, they said.
Virendra was rushed to trauma centre where doctors declared him brought dead, sources said.
While police claimed that Virendra tore the blanket and used it to hang himself with the ventilator, his family members suspected foul play.
Senior Superintendent of Police J Ravindra Goud has suspended six policemen, including inspector Hasanganj, Javed Khan, sub-inspectors Shivakant Tripathi, Brijesh Mishra and three constables Rakesh Kumar, Ram Kripal Pandey and Muneshwar, they said.
The SSP has also recommended a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'