Alignment plan finalised for Rishikesh-Karnaprayag railway line
Dehradun: Paving the way for the development of the Rishikesh-Karnaprayag railway line, the alignment for the project has been finalised, according to an official release here.
A meeting chaired by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna was briefed on the matter by a senior Rail Vikas Nigam official, Satish Agnihotri, who said that the survey work for the project has been completed.
The railway line would stretch for approximately 127-km with almost 60 per cent of its length set to pass through tunnels. There will be 11 stations along the route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!