Alignment plan finalised for Rishikesh-Karnaprayag railway line
Dehradun: Paving the way for the development of the Rishikesh-Karnaprayag railway line, the alignment for the project has been finalised, according to an official release here.
A meeting chaired by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna was briefed on the matter by a senior Rail Vikas Nigam official, Satish Agnihotri, who said that the survey work for the project has been completed.
The railway line would stretch for approximately 127-km with almost 60 per cent of its length set to pass through tunnels. There will be 11 stations along the route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!