Avalanches brought damages to Badrinath, temple remained safe
Gopeshwar: Avalanches caused huge damages in the Badrinath area this winter, but the famous Badrinath Temple complex remained safe.
A team of the Badrinath-Kedarnath Committee constituted constituted for the purpose informed this on Sunday.
Committee CEO BD Singh said a number of residential setups in the area suffered damages due to avalanches and several government arrangements including power and water supply lines were swept away in the rapid flow of snow.
The temple complex, however, remained unaffected in one of the worst damages in decades as assessed by the committee, he said.
Experts attribute this to the temple`s structuring, saying the T-shaped mountains up behind the complex divert the direction of the avalanches.
In 1974, a team constituted by the state government had also held this phenomenon a crucial factor in saving the temple from avalanches.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'