Avalanches brought damages to Badrinath, temple remained safe
Gopeshwar: Avalanches caused huge damages in the Badrinath area this winter, but the famous Badrinath Temple complex remained safe.
A team of the Badrinath-Kedarnath Committee constituted constituted for the purpose informed this on Sunday.
Committee CEO BD Singh said a number of residential setups in the area suffered damages due to avalanches and several government arrangements including power and water supply lines were swept away in the rapid flow of snow.
The temple complex, however, remained unaffected in one of the worst damages in decades as assessed by the committee, he said.
Experts attribute this to the temple`s structuring, saying the T-shaped mountains up behind the complex divert the direction of the avalanches.
In 1974, a team constituted by the state government had also held this phenomenon a crucial factor in saving the temple from avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch