Avalanches brought damages to Badrinath, temple remained safe
Gopeshwar: Avalanches caused huge damages in the Badrinath area this winter, but the famous Badrinath Temple complex remained safe.
A team of the Badrinath-Kedarnath Committee constituted constituted for the purpose informed this on Sunday.
Committee CEO BD Singh said a number of residential setups in the area suffered damages due to avalanches and several government arrangements including power and water supply lines were swept away in the rapid flow of snow.
The temple complex, however, remained unaffected in one of the worst damages in decades as assessed by the committee, he said.
Experts attribute this to the temple`s structuring, saying the T-shaped mountains up behind the complex divert the direction of the avalanches.
In 1974, a team constituted by the state government had also held this phenomenon a crucial factor in saving the temple from avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing