Avalanches brought damages to Badrinath, temple remained safe
Gopeshwar: Avalanches caused huge damages in the Badrinath area this winter, but the famous Badrinath Temple complex remained safe.
A team of the Badrinath-Kedarnath Committee constituted constituted for the purpose informed this on Sunday.
Committee CEO BD Singh said a number of residential setups in the area suffered damages due to avalanches and several government arrangements including power and water supply lines were swept away in the rapid flow of snow.
The temple complex, however, remained unaffected in one of the worst damages in decades as assessed by the committee, he said.
Experts attribute this to the temple`s structuring, saying the T-shaped mountains up behind the complex divert the direction of the avalanches.
In 1974, a team constituted by the state government had also held this phenomenon a crucial factor in saving the temple from avalanches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum