`BJP to decide on no-trust vote after talks with party members`
Dehradun: Days after Trinamool Congress expressed its intention to bring no-confidence motion against the UPA government, BJP leader Rajnath Singh Wednesday said his party will take a decision on supporting it only after a thorough discussion among its members.
"We will discuss on the matter and will take a decision only after a consensus is evolved," Rajnath told reporters here.
Hitting out at the ruling UPA, Rajnath said public was frustrated by the government`s anti-people decisions and it has lost the legitimacy to remain in power.
On a media query about whether there were chances of Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee returning to NDA, Rajnath said it is a decision that the West Bengal Chief Minister will have to take herself.
The former BJP president, however, added that there have been no efforts from BJP till now to take her back.
Banerjee on Monday had said in New Delhi that her party planned to bring a no-confidence motion against the UPA-II government in the next session of Parliament and sought support of other political parties in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?