Cong, BJP should stop politicising Uttarakhand disaster: SP
Kolkata: The Samajwadi Party on Monday accused both the Congress and Bhartiya Janata Party of politicising the Uttarakhand flood tragedy.
SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav alleged that the UPA government was deliberately not granting the national disaster status to the calamity that struck Uttarakhand because it was averse to taking the entire responsibility of the relief work.
"The Congress and the BJP should stop doing politics over Uttarkhand disaster. So many people have died, hundreds are yet to be found and these two political parties are trying to score brownie points over each other," Yadav said while talking to reporters here.
Yadav accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for initiating politics over the disaster, which was followed by the Congress. Later on, Rahul Gandhi too did petty politics over the issue, he said.
"We feel that the VIPs should now stop visiting Uttarakhand as it will hamper relief work," Yadav said.
Yadav pointed out that the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government donated crores of rupees towards relief work in Uttarakhand, but never tried to do politics over it.
On granting `national disaster` status to the tragedy, he said, "The Union home minister is debating over the point in according a national disaster status when the Central government is already participating in the relief work."
"But any knowledgeable person would know that granting a national disaster status means all responsibility lies with the Centre, which should have been the case in this scenario. But it is trying to avoid its responsibility," Yadav claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Separatists leaders Geelani, Mirwaiz detained ahead of proposed protest march
- Pakistan fans trolled Virat Kohli after Misbah-ul-Haq & Co dethroned India in ICC rankings
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home