Dera Sacha Sauda followers willing to wed Uttarakhand widows
Zee Media Bureau
Sirsa: Floods in Uttarakhand may have been a one-time event for many, but for the women who have lost their husbands in the disaster, it`s a lifetime agony.
In a bid to provide support to such widows, religious group Dera Sacha Sauda has come forward and said many of its followers are ready to marry these women.
Dera head Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh announced on Tuesday that around 1,500 followers of the sect are willing to tie the knot with the Uttarakhand widows.
Singh said this after flagging off 33 trucks filled with relief material for Uttarakhand. His remarks were specifically in reference to the Deoli-Brahmgram village, which is being called a `village of widows` after many men belonging to the hamlet died in the floods and landslides that hit Uttarakhand last month.
"Many men of Deoli-Brahmgram had gone to Kedarnath for work on the fateful days. According to our information, many of them died as they were caught in the flash floods and landslides. Our motive is to rehabilitate the widows soon and a campaign has been started to search grooms for them. Those women who do not wish to remarry will also be helped to rebuild their lives," the Dera chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman