Fodder scam case: CBI files status report to Jharkhand HC
Ranchi: The CBI has filed a status report on the remaining nine fodder scam cases to the Jharkhand High Court which directed the agency to expedite proceedings to the pending cases for their early disposal.
The CBI submitted the status report to the division bench of Justice NN Tiwari and Justice PP Bhatt stating that two of the nine cases, including one pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa Treasury, were in argument stage while there were only a couple of witnesses for deposition in four cases.
The agency informed the division bench yesterday that there were over 300 witnesses for deposition in the remaining three cases.
Directing the CBI to speed up proceedings of the pending fodder scam cases, the two-judge bench fixed the date of hearing on September 19.
The special CBI court has already delivered judgements in 44 of the 53 fodder cases in the Rs 950 crore fodder scam, which was unearthed during the Laloo Prasad Yadav regime in the undivided Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'