Former BJP leader gets life term in rape case
Dehradun: Former Cooperative Bank Chairman and former BJP leader Pramod Gupta was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a five-year-old rape case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Amit Kumar Sirohi also sentenced Gupta`s accomplice Ashok Kumar to 10 years` rigorous imprisonment in the case.
However, Pravin Kumar, the owner of the resort where the crime took place on April 19, 2008 was acquitted by the court.
The duo were convicted yesterday by the court after being found guilty of taking a girl in a car to Rajpur Resort on the pretext of getting her a job in the secretariat and raping her after offering her a drink laced with sedatives, Public Prosecutor G C Sharma said.
Gupta, a former chairman of the Cooperative Bank and his accomplice Kumar were both associated with the Pradesh BJP at the time of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical