Gujarat to give Rs 3 crore more to Uttarkhand disaster victims
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government on Monday announced a fresh relief of Rs 3 crore from Chief Minister`s Relief Fund in addition to Rs 2 crore announced last week for victims of Uttarakhand disaster.
The decision was taken at a high-level disaster management meeting chaired by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Last week, the Gujarat government had announced Rs 2 crore for the relief of those who were stranded in Uttarakhand after heavy rains, landslides and cloudbursts wrecked havoc there.
In today`s meeting, held to take stock of the latest situation and chalk out plans for assisting those trapped there, a decision to grant Rs 2 lakh as compensation to the kin of those who had lost their lives in Uttarakhand was also taken, an official press release issued here said.
The Chief Minister has appealed to people of Gujarat to make household kits for victims stuck in the disaster and also asked all district collectors to collect those kits from people, to be sent to Uttarakhand.
He also urged people to donate liberally to the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund so that Gujarat can respond effectively for rehabilitating victims, the release said.
During the meeting the Chief Minister was informed that more then 6,000 Gujarati pilgrims have returned safely from Uttarakhand, while 2,500 are on their way and efforts are on to bring another 100 pilgrims back home.
Gujarat government has also set up a relief camp in Rishikesh for stranded pilgrims from Gujarat and a five-member team headed by the Relief Commissioner has been deputed there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'