Haryana gives chopper to Uttarakhand, Hooda surveys floods
New Delhi: Haryana government has provided its state plane and helicopter for relief and rehabilitation measures in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand and its Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda made an aerial survey of the flood- affected areas on Saturday.
After cancelling his programmes at Jind and Sonipat, Hooda today proceeded to Uttarakhand and made an aerial survey of flood affected areas of Haridwar and Dehradun. He then left his helicopter there for the relief and rescue operations and is returning to Delhi by road.
Before leaving, Hooda said Haryana has offered all necessary help to Uttarakhand government in view of the devastation due to heavy rain and floods. Haryana has already provided a grant of Rs 10 crore to Uttarakhand for relief and rescue operations.
He said the services of a helicopter and a plane are being made available to Uttarakhand government and the state plane has already reached there. The state is providing all help in relief and rescue operations and relief material like blankets, tents, clothes, medicines and food packets are being sent to Uttarakhand.
Hooda said Haryana Pradesh Congress has also sent a Falcon
Jet to Uttarakhand for help in rescue work.
To help the flood-trapped people of Haryana in Uttarakhand, a team of civil and police officers of Haryana has also been sent to Dehradun.
Haryana Principal Secretary, Animal Husbandry and Dairy P K Dass (mobile number 09814213797) and DIG Telecom Subhash Yadav (09888086900) will coordinate the rescue and relief work of Haryana teams at Dehradun and Rishikesh from Chandigarh.
Three teams from Haryana have been sent for help in relief/rescue work at Dehradun and Rishikesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!