Honda group companies donate Rs 3 cr for Uttarakhand relief
New Delhi: Honda group companies in India, including Honda Cars India Ltd and Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, on Friday announced a contribution of Rs 3 crore for relief and recovery efforts in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
"We hope that this contribution will help in restoration of the devastated infrastructure and help rebuild lives of the affected people," Honda Motor India president and CEO Yoshiyuki Matsumoto said in a statement.
Cheques amounting to Rs 3 crore were handed over to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna in Dehradun yesterday, the company said.
"The contribution is aimed at providing relief and rehabilitation for affected people and reconstruction of areas devastated by the floods and landslides that hit the state in June 2013," it added.
Contributions came from all Honda group companies in India -- Honda Cars India Ltd, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, Honda Siel Power Products Ltd, Honda R&D (India) and Honda Motor India.
Additional voluntary contributions were made by Honda`s employees and dealers in the country, the company said.
Earlier this month, Maruti Suzuki India had announced a donation of Rs 1.56 crore to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund to help rebuilding efforts in Uttarakhand.
On June 20, the Mahindra Group had announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for flood-affected victims in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics