Honda group companies donate Rs 3 cr for Uttarakhand relief
New Delhi: Honda group companies in India, including Honda Cars India Ltd and Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, on Friday announced a contribution of Rs 3 crore for relief and recovery efforts in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
"We hope that this contribution will help in restoration of the devastated infrastructure and help rebuild lives of the affected people," Honda Motor India president and CEO Yoshiyuki Matsumoto said in a statement.
Cheques amounting to Rs 3 crore were handed over to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna in Dehradun yesterday, the company said.
"The contribution is aimed at providing relief and rehabilitation for affected people and reconstruction of areas devastated by the floods and landslides that hit the state in June 2013," it added.
Contributions came from all Honda group companies in India -- Honda Cars India Ltd, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, Honda Siel Power Products Ltd, Honda R&D (India) and Honda Motor India.
Additional voluntary contributions were made by Honda`s employees and dealers in the country, the company said.
Earlier this month, Maruti Suzuki India had announced a donation of Rs 1.56 crore to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund to help rebuilding efforts in Uttarakhand.
On June 20, the Mahindra Group had announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for flood-affected victims in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown