Honda group companies donate Rs 3 cr for Uttarakhand relief
New Delhi: Honda group companies in India, including Honda Cars India Ltd and Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, on Friday announced a contribution of Rs 3 crore for relief and recovery efforts in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
"We hope that this contribution will help in restoration of the devastated infrastructure and help rebuild lives of the affected people," Honda Motor India president and CEO Yoshiyuki Matsumoto said in a statement.
Cheques amounting to Rs 3 crore were handed over to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna in Dehradun yesterday, the company said.
"The contribution is aimed at providing relief and rehabilitation for affected people and reconstruction of areas devastated by the floods and landslides that hit the state in June 2013," it added.
Contributions came from all Honda group companies in India -- Honda Cars India Ltd, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, Honda Siel Power Products Ltd, Honda R&D (India) and Honda Motor India.
Additional voluntary contributions were made by Honda`s employees and dealers in the country, the company said.
Earlier this month, Maruti Suzuki India had announced a donation of Rs 1.56 crore to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund to help rebuilding efforts in Uttarakhand.
On June 20, the Mahindra Group had announced a contribution of Rs 1 crore to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for flood-affected victims in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'