Kedarnath town is in debris but temple safe: Uttarakhand CM Vijay Bahuguna
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: While the relief and rescue operation is in full swing in Uttarakhand, which has been completely devastated by unprecedented flash floods, torrential rains and massive landslides, state’s Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Wednesday said that the famous Kedarnath Shrine temple is safe.
Talking to reporters, the state’s chief minister said, “Though a major part of the temple has been hit by flash floods, the Kedarnath shrine is safe.”
Talking about the relief and rescue operation, the Chief Minister said, “The Kedarnath town has been reduced to debris. Though the relief and rescue work is in full swing it will take one year to restart the Chardham Yatra. ”
“The Tehri dam on the Bhagirathi river in Uttarakhand stopped Western Uttar Pradesh from washing away,” he added.
However, he assured that there is no shortage of funds or resources.
When asked to confirm the death toll due to the tragedy, Bahuguna said, “There cannot be an exact estimate of the death toll.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now