Land identified for Doon campus of IIM, Kashipur
Dehradun: Land has been identified for the Dehradun campus of IIM, Kashipur, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said on Saturday.
Bahuguna, who held a meeting with a team of officials from IIM, said a campus of the premier business school in the city would be of great benefit to residents.
Noting that a lot of industries would come up across the state in the near future, he said the youth would benefit from industrialisation only if they were technically well-equipped and skilled.
Lauding the progress made by IIM, Kashipur, the Chief Minister said its campus in Dehradun would make it easier for working people in the city and adjoining areas to get a degree in MBA.
Bahuguna also gave his approval for construction of an auditorium and a hostel at IIM, Kashipur, saying a plan of action had been prepared to develop institutions of higher and technical education in the state.
He directed the Principal Secretary (Power) to provide a power feeder to IIM, Kashipur.
Bahuguna assured IIM authorities that he would write to the Railway Minister requesting him to launch a Jan Shatabdi express on Delhi-Moradabad-Ramnagar-Kashipur route for better connectivity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report