MIM announces relief for victims of Uttarkhand cal
Hyderabad: The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen today announced to contribute Rs 78.75 lakh towards relief funds for Uttarakhand flood victims.
AIMIM President and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi said that the party has decided to contribute Rs 6 lakh to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) for those affected in the natural calamity that struck Uttarakhand, an official release said.
Apart from cash contribution, AIMIM has decided to distribute basic medicines worth Rs 20 lakh to the victims.
Around 5,000 kits comprising essential commodities, clothing and bedding worth Rs 52.75 lakh would be distributed to people in affected areas.
The AIMIM is also sending a large team comprising party corporators and workers to distribute medicines as well as food kits consisting of essential commodities and clothing to affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes