MIM announces relief for victims of Uttarkhand cal
Hyderabad: The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen today announced to contribute Rs 78.75 lakh towards relief funds for Uttarakhand flood victims.
AIMIM President and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi said that the party has decided to contribute Rs 6 lakh to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) for those affected in the natural calamity that struck Uttarakhand, an official release said.
Apart from cash contribution, AIMIM has decided to distribute basic medicines worth Rs 20 lakh to the victims.
Around 5,000 kits comprising essential commodities, clothing and bedding worth Rs 52.75 lakh would be distributed to people in affected areas.
The AIMIM is also sending a large team comprising party corporators and workers to distribute medicines as well as food kits consisting of essential commodities and clothing to affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal