MIM announces relief for victims of Uttarkhand cal
Hyderabad: The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen today announced to contribute Rs 78.75 lakh towards relief funds for Uttarakhand flood victims.
AIMIM President and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi said that the party has decided to contribute Rs 6 lakh to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) for those affected in the natural calamity that struck Uttarakhand, an official release said.
Apart from cash contribution, AIMIM has decided to distribute basic medicines worth Rs 20 lakh to the victims.
Around 5,000 kits comprising essential commodities, clothing and bedding worth Rs 52.75 lakh would be distributed to people in affected areas.
The AIMIM is also sending a large team comprising party corporators and workers to distribute medicines as well as food kits consisting of essential commodities and clothing to affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred