Narayanasamy to give Rs 10 lakh, salary to flood victims
Puducherry: Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Sunday said he would contribute one month`s salary and Rs 10 lakh from out of the Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund to Uttarakhand Flood Relief Fund.
Talking to reporters here, he said this was in response to appeals made by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi for contributions by Members of Parliament for the victims of flood-ravaged Uttrakhand.
The minister also justified the decision to disinvest five per cent shares in Neyveli Lignite Corporation stating that the funds accruing through disinvestment would be ploughed back for development of the undertaking and also for funding several developmental activities in the country.
There was nothing wrong to effect disinvestment in an undertaking. "Such disinvestments had been done in the past in ONGC, Bharath Petroleum, Indian Oil Corporation, BHEL and SAIL".
He said team of officials from National Textiles Corporation would soon visit government AFT mill in the union territory for assessing of its financial position and also other aspects as per the direction of the Prime Minister.
"I have sought a relief of Rs 300 crores for restoration of production in the the sick mill", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'