Parties asks workers to assist in relief work in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Different political parties in Uttarakhand including the ruling Congress and BJP, Wednesday asked their workers to offer help to the district administration in supplying relief material to people affected by the natural calamity triggered by incessant rains in the state.
State Congress chief Yashpal Arya wrote to party office bearers in the districts asking them to coordinate with the the district authorities to ensure that relief material reaches the affected people at the earliest.
"The crisis is so enormous that things cannot be left entirely on the government machinery administration.
"Each and every Congress worker will have to do their precious bit to help the administration supply relief material to the calamity-hit people," said Arya who is also the state`s Disaster Management Minister.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat held an emergency meeting at the party office here to discuss the situation and instructed party MPs and MLAs representing the affected areas to do all they can to reach relief material to the victims.
A release from the RSS` state office said its cadres have set up relief centres at different places to provide succour to the calamity victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'