Parties asks workers to assist in relief work in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Different political parties in Uttarakhand including the ruling Congress and BJP, Wednesday asked their workers to offer help to the district administration in supplying relief material to people affected by the natural calamity triggered by incessant rains in the state.
State Congress chief Yashpal Arya wrote to party office bearers in the districts asking them to coordinate with the the district authorities to ensure that relief material reaches the affected people at the earliest.
"The crisis is so enormous that things cannot be left entirely on the government machinery administration.
"Each and every Congress worker will have to do their precious bit to help the administration supply relief material to the calamity-hit people," said Arya who is also the state`s Disaster Management Minister.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat held an emergency meeting at the party office here to discuss the situation and instructed party MPs and MLAs representing the affected areas to do all they can to reach relief material to the victims.
A release from the RSS` state office said its cadres have set up relief centres at different places to provide succour to the calamity victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?