Power generation stalled at NHPC Dhauliganga plant in Uttarakhand
New Delhi: State-owned NHPC on Monday said power generation at Dhauliganga power station in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand has been stalled due to heavy damages to the plant and its infrastructure.
"Due to cloud burst and unprecedented high flood in Uttarakhand, the water has entered into the Dhauliganga power station (280 MW) of NHPC and submerged all the system in the early hours of June 17, last week," the company informed BSE in a filing.
The company said the power generation from the plant has been stopped and efforts are being made to restore normalcy at the earliest.
"In addition to this, the water has caused damages to various ancillary structures of the project like roads, residential and non-residential buildings," NHPC said.
The communication and power supply has been fully disrupted in the power house, dam, colony and other project areas. The extent of damage is being ascertained, it said.
The project is covered under All Risk Insurance Policy. Necessary intimation has been given to insurance company.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 18 apiece, down 1.10 percent on the BSE.
Heavy monsoon rains, last week, wrecked havoc in the hill states of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Flash floods in the Ganga and its tributaries triggered by incessant rains for over 48 hours last week left a trail of death and devastation across Uttarakhand. The rescue operations are on in the flood-affected areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH