Russian tourist found dead in Dronagiri
Gopeshwar (Uttarakhand): A female tourist from Russia, who had come from Joshimath for trekking in the Upper Himalayas, was found dead under mysterious circumstances.
The body of 32-year-old Aala was found in her tent in Dronagiri area of world famous Nanda Devi National Park on May 7, officials said.
She had left along with a porter and a guide for Dronagiri ten days back, they said.
The matter was informed to the administration by the guide.
The tourist had taken permission for trekking from the park administration in April, officials said, adding that a revenue police team from Joshimath has left for Dronagiri to start probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics