Russian tourist found dead in Dronagiri
Gopeshwar (Uttarakhand): A female tourist from Russia, who had come from Joshimath for trekking in the Upper Himalayas, was found dead under mysterious circumstances.
The body of 32-year-old Aala was found in her tent in Dronagiri area of world famous Nanda Devi National Park on May 7, officials said.
She had left along with a porter and a guide for Dronagiri ten days back, they said.
The matter was informed to the administration by the guide.
The tourist had taken permission for trekking from the park administration in April, officials said, adding that a revenue police team from Joshimath has left for Dronagiri to start probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed