Seven killed as bus rams tractor-trolley in Dehradun
Dehradun/Saharanpur: Seven pilgrims were killed and 23 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling plunged into a river after it was hit by a speeding bus here on Saturday.
The mishap occurred at around 2.30 pm on Doon highway, police said, adding the devotees were returning to Biharigarh in Uttar Pradesh`s Saharnpur district in the tractor-trolley after paying obeisance at Daat Kali temple here.
The driver of the UP roadways bus tried to overtake the tractor-trolley and hit it from behind on a bridge, causing the vehicle to break the railing and fall into a river.
The bus driver has been arrested, SSP Saharanpur, Vijay Yadav said.
Seven pilgrims died instantly, he said said adding the injured were hospitalised.
Out of the 23 injured, the condition of two was stated to be critical, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?