Seven killed as bus rams tractor-trolley in Dehradun
Dehradun/Saharanpur: Seven pilgrims were killed and 23 others injured when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling plunged into a river after it was hit by a speeding bus here on Saturday.
The mishap occurred at around 2.30 pm on Doon highway, police said, adding the devotees were returning to Biharigarh in Uttar Pradesh`s Saharnpur district in the tractor-trolley after paying obeisance at Daat Kali temple here.
The driver of the UP roadways bus tried to overtake the tractor-trolley and hit it from behind on a bridge, causing the vehicle to break the railing and fall into a river.
The bus driver has been arrested, SSP Saharanpur, Vijay Yadav said.
Seven pilgrims died instantly, he said said adding the injured were hospitalised.
Out of the 23 injured, the condition of two was stated to be critical, Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter