Tribal girl raped in Uttarakhand
Kotdwar: A tribal girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped in Laldhang range of Lansdowne forest division in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district, a senior administration official said on Monday.
The teenaged girl, who belongs to the forest dwelling Gujjar tribe and lives near Sigaddisrote close to Kotdwar, was abducted at gunpoint by a group of miscreants on January 2 and subsequently raped by one of them, SDM Anil Garbyal told reporters here.
The victim was recovered from Udhamsingh Nagar district a week later on January 8 and on the basis of a complaint lodged later by her mother, four of the accused were arrested yesterday from Syatpari of the forest range following a raid on a Gujjar settlement, he said.
The four arrested, identified as Shamsher, Vazir, Safadil and Zahur have been sent to Pauri jail while an equal number of the accused are still at large, he said.
The medical examination of the girl confirmed rape and one of the accused named Shamsher has confessed to having sexually assaulted the girl, Garbyal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued