Tribal girl raped in Uttarakhand
Kotdwar: A tribal girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped in Laldhang range of Lansdowne forest division in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district, a senior administration official said on Monday.
The teenaged girl, who belongs to the forest dwelling Gujjar tribe and lives near Sigaddisrote close to Kotdwar, was abducted at gunpoint by a group of miscreants on January 2 and subsequently raped by one of them, SDM Anil Garbyal told reporters here.
The victim was recovered from Udhamsingh Nagar district a week later on January 8 and on the basis of a complaint lodged later by her mother, four of the accused were arrested yesterday from Syatpari of the forest range following a raid on a Gujjar settlement, he said.
The four arrested, identified as Shamsher, Vazir, Safadil and Zahur have been sent to Pauri jail while an equal number of the accused are still at large, he said.
The medical examination of the girl confirmed rape and one of the accused named Shamsher has confessed to having sexually assaulted the girl, Garbyal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam