Tribal girl raped in Uttarakhand
Kotdwar: A tribal girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped in Laldhang range of Lansdowne forest division in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district, a senior administration official said on Monday.
The teenaged girl, who belongs to the forest dwelling Gujjar tribe and lives near Sigaddisrote close to Kotdwar, was abducted at gunpoint by a group of miscreants on January 2 and subsequently raped by one of them, SDM Anil Garbyal told reporters here.
The victim was recovered from Udhamsingh Nagar district a week later on January 8 and on the basis of a complaint lodged later by her mother, four of the accused were arrested yesterday from Syatpari of the forest range following a raid on a Gujjar settlement, he said.
The four arrested, identified as Shamsher, Vazir, Safadil and Zahur have been sent to Pauri jail while an equal number of the accused are still at large, he said.
The medical examination of the girl confirmed rape and one of the accused named Shamsher has confessed to having sexually assaulted the girl, Garbyal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie