Tribal girl raped in Uttarakhand
Kotdwar: A tribal girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped in Laldhang range of Lansdowne forest division in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district, a senior administration official said on Monday.
The teenaged girl, who belongs to the forest dwelling Gujjar tribe and lives near Sigaddisrote close to Kotdwar, was abducted at gunpoint by a group of miscreants on January 2 and subsequently raped by one of them, SDM Anil Garbyal told reporters here.
The victim was recovered from Udhamsingh Nagar district a week later on January 8 and on the basis of a complaint lodged later by her mother, four of the accused were arrested yesterday from Syatpari of the forest range following a raid on a Gujjar settlement, he said.
The four arrested, identified as Shamsher, Vazir, Safadil and Zahur have been sent to Pauri jail while an equal number of the accused are still at large, he said.
The medical examination of the girl confirmed rape and one of the accused named Shamsher has confessed to having sexually assaulted the girl, Garbyal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan