UP govt will extend all possible help to Uttarakhand: Akhilesh
Firozabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said his government would extend all possible help to those affected by the calamity in Uttarakhand.
He said his government had given Rs 25 crore to Uttarakhand government and further relief would be provided in future as well. State government officials have been sent for relief and rescue work in Uttarakhand, he said.
Tourists and pilgrims from Uttar Pradesh, who were affected by the calamity, would be identified through district magistrates and assistance would be extended to them, he told reporters here on sidelines of a function to distribute free laptops.
Akhilesh asserted that Samajwadi Party was fulfilling all promises made in the manifesto by launching several schemes like fair price to farmers for their produce, `kanya vidya dhan` and unemployment allowance, to benefit people.
He alleged that the previous government had wasted state funds, but the SP regime was utilising money for the welfare of the people.
The CM said besides free irrigation facility to farmers, accident insurance up to Rs five lakh was being given to people.
He said the plot for the airport in Firozabad had been identified and gave assurance that farmers would not be harassed for land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'