Uttarakhand floods: Over 3675 people evacuated
New Delhi: Braving inclement weather which disrupted air operations in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, personnel from Army, ITBP and NDRF today continued to evacuate stranded persons from the higher reaches of the state.
Over 3,675 people were evacuated by joint efforts of Air Force, Army, ITBP and NDRF today even as the Border Roads Organisation continued its operations to clear the passages between Tilwara and Rudra Prayag. The access between Gupt Kashi to Tehri was also cleared, a statement of the Group of Ministers on Media said.
The statement did not mention the total number of people pulled out so far, nor the number of people still stranded.
BSNL has restored all its towers except four which are in Kedarnath, Dharchula, Augustya Muni and Narayan Bagar.
Out of 72 telephone exchanges that were down, 44 have been restored. While 75 satellite phones are in use in the state, another 25 are being imported from Hong Kong for use by the agencies involved in rescue work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming