Uttarakhand floods: Over 3675 people evacuated
New Delhi: Braving inclement weather which disrupted air operations in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, personnel from Army, ITBP and NDRF today continued to evacuate stranded persons from the higher reaches of the state.
Over 3,675 people were evacuated by joint efforts of Air Force, Army, ITBP and NDRF today even as the Border Roads Organisation continued its operations to clear the passages between Tilwara and Rudra Prayag. The access between Gupt Kashi to Tehri was also cleared, a statement of the Group of Ministers on Media said.
The statement did not mention the total number of people pulled out so far, nor the number of people still stranded.
BSNL has restored all its towers except four which are in Kedarnath, Dharchula, Augustya Muni and Narayan Bagar.
Out of 72 telephone exchanges that were down, 44 have been restored. While 75 satellite phones are in use in the state, another 25 are being imported from Hong Kong for use by the agencies involved in rescue work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'