Uttarakhand pilgrims arrive in Vijaywada in special train
Vijayawada: Pilgrims from Krishna district, who were rescued after being stranded in the rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, reached here on Sunday from New Delhi.
As many as 153 people, who belonged to various places in the district, arrived in a special train this morning.
The railway administration attached four bogies to the New Delhi-Visakhapatnam Link Express for residents of Visakhapatnam and Rajahmundry, and two coaches to Puri-Tirupati Express for those belonging to Ongole and Nellore, to facilitate their journey home, said Additional Divisional Railway Manager S Subba Rao.
Pilgrims were provided free food at the railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!