Uttarakhand pilgrims arrive in Vijaywada in special train
Vijayawada: Pilgrims from Krishna district, who were rescued after being stranded in the rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, reached here on Sunday from New Delhi.
As many as 153 people, who belonged to various places in the district, arrived in a special train this morning.
The railway administration attached four bogies to the New Delhi-Visakhapatnam Link Express for residents of Visakhapatnam and Rajahmundry, and two coaches to Puri-Tirupati Express for those belonging to Ongole and Nellore, to facilitate their journey home, said Additional Divisional Railway Manager S Subba Rao.
Pilgrims were provided free food at the railway station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally