Work on undisputed hydel projects to begin soon: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Regretting that Uttarakhand is buying power despite having huge hydroelectricity potential, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today said the state will expedite work on undisputed hydel projects and begin construction at the stalled ones.
"It is unfortunate that despite the state`s tremendous hydel potential, Uttarakhand has to buy power from outside. Efforts are on to speed up work on projects over which there is no dispute, and also resume work on the stalled ones after obtaining environmental clearances," Bahuguna said.
He was speaking at the "bhumi poojan" ceremony of certain wings of the 120 MW Vyasi hydel project here.
Bahuguna said the Lakhwar hydel project will be launched soon and negotiations will start with Himachal Pradesh government to expedite the long-awaited Kisau hydro-electricity project.
Assuring that small-scale hydel projects with a capacity to provide 400 MW of power will be launched soon, the CM said these projects will lead to faster development of the areas where they are located, besides generating job opportunities for local youth.
Agriculture minister Harak Singh Rawat stressed that power projects underway in the state should be completed in a time-bound manner.
Local MLA Navprabhat said he was grateful to the chief minister, whose relentless efforts led to the resumption of work on the Vyasi Hydel project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race