Work on undisputed hydel projects to begin soon: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Regretting that Uttarakhand is buying power despite having huge hydroelectricity potential, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today said the state will expedite work on undisputed hydel projects and begin construction at the stalled ones.
"It is unfortunate that despite the state`s tremendous hydel potential, Uttarakhand has to buy power from outside. Efforts are on to speed up work on projects over which there is no dispute, and also resume work on the stalled ones after obtaining environmental clearances," Bahuguna said.
He was speaking at the "bhumi poojan" ceremony of certain wings of the 120 MW Vyasi hydel project here.
Bahuguna said the Lakhwar hydel project will be launched soon and negotiations will start with Himachal Pradesh government to expedite the long-awaited Kisau hydro-electricity project.
Assuring that small-scale hydel projects with a capacity to provide 400 MW of power will be launched soon, the CM said these projects will lead to faster development of the areas where they are located, besides generating job opportunities for local youth.
Agriculture minister Harak Singh Rawat stressed that power projects underway in the state should be completed in a time-bound manner.
Local MLA Navprabhat said he was grateful to the chief minister, whose relentless efforts led to the resumption of work on the Vyasi Hydel project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued