1 killed, 59 injured as train rams into bus in WB
Alipurduar (WB): One person was killed while at least 59 others were injured when a train rammed into a minibus carrying a marriage party at an unmanned level crossing in Coochbehar district late Monday night.
The condition of two persons is stated to be serious.
The minibus, carrying over 60 wedding guests, was crossing the tracks between Alipurduar and Baneswar when it was hit by Kamakhyaguri Intercity Express in Bokali area, RPF sources said.
Locals rescued at least 60 persons from the bus before RPF and police could reach, the sources said.
One of the injured later succumbed at the M G M Hospital nearby while condition of another two was stated to be critical.
The engine dragged the bus 20-25 feet away.
Locals demonstrated at the spot alleging that the railway authorities did little to stop vehicles crossing the level crossing gate, and it was still under repair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman