Attack on Mamata was aimed at killing her: TMC
Kolkata: A minister who was with Mamata Banerjee when she and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra were targeted in Delhi by SFI activists, Wednesday alleged that the attack was aimed at killing the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"It was a ploy to kill Banerjee. Had Firhad Hakim not prevented an SFI supporter from attacking her with an iron rod she would have received fatal injuries," Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said.
"The Delhi police totally failed to provide protection to our Chief Minister. They should have taken care of fool-proof security. The way SFI and CPI(M) supporters attacked us is shameful," said Mukherjee.
In Delhi, Trinamool MP Sukhendu Shekar Roy made a similar claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday