Attack on Mamata was aimed at killing her: TMC
Kolkata: A minister who was with Mamata Banerjee when she and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra were targeted in Delhi by SFI activists, Wednesday alleged that the attack was aimed at killing the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"It was a ploy to kill Banerjee. Had Firhad Hakim not prevented an SFI supporter from attacking her with an iron rod she would have received fatal injuries," Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said.
"The Delhi police totally failed to provide protection to our Chief Minister. They should have taken care of fool-proof security. The way SFI and CPI(M) supporters attacked us is shameful," said Mukherjee.
In Delhi, Trinamool MP Sukhendu Shekar Roy made a similar claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube