Attack on Mamata was aimed at killing her: TMC
Kolkata: A minister who was with Mamata Banerjee when she and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra were targeted in Delhi by SFI activists, Wednesday alleged that the attack was aimed at killing the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"It was a ploy to kill Banerjee. Had Firhad Hakim not prevented an SFI supporter from attacking her with an iron rod she would have received fatal injuries," Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said.
"The Delhi police totally failed to provide protection to our Chief Minister. They should have taken care of fool-proof security. The way SFI and CPI(M) supporters attacked us is shameful," said Mukherjee.
In Delhi, Trinamool MP Sukhendu Shekar Roy made a similar claim.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram