Attack on Mamata was aimed at killing her: TMC
Kolkata: A minister who was with Mamata Banerjee when she and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra were targeted in Delhi by SFI activists, Wednesday alleged that the attack was aimed at killing the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"It was a ploy to kill Banerjee. Had Firhad Hakim not prevented an SFI supporter from attacking her with an iron rod she would have received fatal injuries," Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said.
"The Delhi police totally failed to provide protection to our Chief Minister. They should have taken care of fool-proof security. The way SFI and CPI(M) supporters attacked us is shameful," said Mukherjee.
In Delhi, Trinamool MP Sukhendu Shekar Roy made a similar claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing