Attack on Mamata was aimed at killing her: TMC
Kolkata: A minister who was with Mamata Banerjee when she and state Finance Minister Amit Mitra were targeted in Delhi by SFI activists, Wednesday alleged that the attack was aimed at killing the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"It was a ploy to kill Banerjee. Had Firhad Hakim not prevented an SFI supporter from attacking her with an iron rod she would have received fatal injuries," Panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said.
"The Delhi police totally failed to provide protection to our Chief Minister. They should have taken care of fool-proof security. The way SFI and CPI(M) supporters attacked us is shameful," said Mukherjee.
In Delhi, Trinamool MP Sukhendu Shekar Roy made a similar claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!