Bengal-based chit fund owner arrested
Barasat: The owner and managing director of a North Bengal-based chit fund company was arrested at Shyamnagar in North 24-Parganas district for allegedly swindling depositors money, police said on Thursday.
"Prasenjit Majumdar, the owner and MD of Annex Infrastructure Pvt Ltd was arrested last night at Ramkrishnapally at Shyamnagar. He was hiding here for several days," Commissioner of Police of Barrackpore Sanjay Singh said.
Complaints of cheating and swindling depositors money were lodged against him in North Bengal and he was absconding, the police said.
The police seized from him Rs 72 lakh in cash, kept in three large cartons of biscuits.
Mainly people living in North Bengal, Assam and Tripura had deposited money in the company, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'