BJP, Congress alleges attack by TMC supporters
Suri: The BJP and the Congress on Monday alleged that their candidates were attacked by Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters in Birbhum district when they went to file their nomination papers for the panchayat polls.
The BJP alleged that two of their nominees were injured at the Block Development Office (BDO) at Bolpur and their district secretary Kashinath Mishra was beaten up at Labhpur BDO office by TMC supporters.
The BJP further alleged that their partymen were not allowed to enter the BDO office at Nanoor, Illambazar and Md Bazar.
The BJP said they have lodged complaint both with the district administration and the police.
The Birbhum district Congress president Syed Siraj Jimmi alleged that party candidate and Pradhan of Fulur panchayat was beaten by TMC supporters when he went to submit nomination papers at Saithia BDO office.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate of Birbhum J P Meena said four persons have been arrested in connection with the complaints lodged by the BJP and Congress about their candidates being attacked at BDO offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan