BJP, Congress alleges attack by TMC supporters
Suri: The BJP and the Congress on Monday alleged that their candidates were attacked by Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters in Birbhum district when they went to file their nomination papers for the panchayat polls.
The BJP alleged that two of their nominees were injured at the Block Development Office (BDO) at Bolpur and their district secretary Kashinath Mishra was beaten up at Labhpur BDO office by TMC supporters.
The BJP further alleged that their partymen were not allowed to enter the BDO office at Nanoor, Illambazar and Md Bazar.
The BJP said they have lodged complaint both with the district administration and the police.
The Birbhum district Congress president Syed Siraj Jimmi alleged that party candidate and Pradhan of Fulur panchayat was beaten by TMC supporters when he went to submit nomination papers at Saithia BDO office.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate of Birbhum J P Meena said four persons have been arrested in connection with the complaints lodged by the BJP and Congress about their candidates being attacked at BDO offices.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank