BJP, Congress alleges attack by TMC supporters
Suri: The BJP and the Congress on Monday alleged that their candidates were attacked by Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters in Birbhum district when they went to file their nomination papers for the panchayat polls.
The BJP alleged that two of their nominees were injured at the Block Development Office (BDO) at Bolpur and their district secretary Kashinath Mishra was beaten up at Labhpur BDO office by TMC supporters.
The BJP further alleged that their partymen were not allowed to enter the BDO office at Nanoor, Illambazar and Md Bazar.
The BJP said they have lodged complaint both with the district administration and the police.
The Birbhum district Congress president Syed Siraj Jimmi alleged that party candidate and Pradhan of Fulur panchayat was beaten by TMC supporters when he went to submit nomination papers at Saithia BDO office.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate of Birbhum J P Meena said four persons have been arrested in connection with the complaints lodged by the BJP and Congress about their candidates being attacked at BDO offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh