BJP, Congress alleges attack by TMC supporters
Suri: The BJP and the Congress on Monday alleged that their candidates were attacked by Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters in Birbhum district when they went to file their nomination papers for the panchayat polls.
The BJP alleged that two of their nominees were injured at the Block Development Office (BDO) at Bolpur and their district secretary Kashinath Mishra was beaten up at Labhpur BDO office by TMC supporters.
The BJP further alleged that their partymen were not allowed to enter the BDO office at Nanoor, Illambazar and Md Bazar.
The BJP said they have lodged complaint both with the district administration and the police.
The Birbhum district Congress president Syed Siraj Jimmi alleged that party candidate and Pradhan of Fulur panchayat was beaten by TMC supporters when he went to submit nomination papers at Saithia BDO office.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate of Birbhum J P Meena said four persons have been arrested in connection with the complaints lodged by the BJP and Congress about their candidates being attacked at BDO offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures