BJP, Congress alleges attack by TMC supporters
Suri: The BJP and the Congress on Monday alleged that their candidates were attacked by Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters in Birbhum district when they went to file their nomination papers for the panchayat polls.
The BJP alleged that two of their nominees were injured at the Block Development Office (BDO) at Bolpur and their district secretary Kashinath Mishra was beaten up at Labhpur BDO office by TMC supporters.
The BJP further alleged that their partymen were not allowed to enter the BDO office at Nanoor, Illambazar and Md Bazar.
The BJP said they have lodged complaint both with the district administration and the police.
The Birbhum district Congress president Syed Siraj Jimmi alleged that party candidate and Pradhan of Fulur panchayat was beaten by TMC supporters when he went to submit nomination papers at Saithia BDO office.
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate of Birbhum J P Meena said four persons have been arrested in connection with the complaints lodged by the BJP and Congress about their candidates being attacked at BDO offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption