BJP launches Bangla Bachao movement
Kolkata: The BJP in West Bengal on Sunday launched the "Bangla Bachao" movement against alleged violence unleashed by TMC activists in response to attack on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi by SFI activist.
"We have condemned the attack on chief minister and finance minister. But the attack on CM doesn`t mean that Trinamool has the right to usher in violence in Bengal and vandalise the hallowed Presidency University," Rahul Sinha, BJP state president, said.
Sinha announced that the state BJP unit would launch a Bangla Bachao campaign throughout the state from today till April 28 to plead for restoration of peace in Bengal and cessation of political violence in the state.
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose a few days back had alleged that Trinamool Congress supporters have destroyed more than 1,000 Left Front offices in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!