BJP launches Bangla Bachao movement
Kolkata: The BJP in West Bengal on Sunday launched the "Bangla Bachao" movement against alleged violence unleashed by TMC activists in response to attack on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and finance minister Amit Mitra in Delhi by SFI activist.
"We have condemned the attack on chief minister and finance minister. But the attack on CM doesn`t mean that Trinamool has the right to usher in violence in Bengal and vandalise the hallowed Presidency University," Rahul Sinha, BJP state president, said.
Sinha announced that the state BJP unit would launch a Bangla Bachao campaign throughout the state from today till April 28 to plead for restoration of peace in Bengal and cessation of political violence in the state.
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose a few days back had alleged that Trinamool Congress supporters have destroyed more than 1,000 Left Front offices in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?