Chit-fund scam: Another Saradha depositor commits suicide in West Bengal
Purulia: A money collection agent, who had deposited his personal savings of about Rs 4 lakh with the scam-ridden chit fund company Saradha Group, on Saturday committed suicide here in Purulia district, police said.
Swapan Kumar Biswas, 36, was found hanging from the ceiling in house at Balrampur, 50 km from Purulia town.
Police said he had deposited Rs 4 lakh from his personal savings in the Saradha group and was under severe distress after the news about the scam spread.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29