Chit-fund scam: Another Saradha depositor commits suicide in West Bengal
Purulia: A money collection agent, who had deposited his personal savings of about Rs 4 lakh with the scam-ridden chit fund company Saradha Group, on Saturday committed suicide here in Purulia district, police said.
Swapan Kumar Biswas, 36, was found hanging from the ceiling in house at Balrampur, 50 km from Purulia town.
Police said he had deposited Rs 4 lakh from his personal savings in the Saradha group and was under severe distress after the news about the scam spread.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend