Chit fund scam: ‘CBI probe depends on Kolkata HC order’
Patna: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said that a CBI inquiry into the chit fund scam in West Bengal depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court.
"The CBI has told the Calcutta High Court that it can probe the chit fund scam if the HC entrusts it the task," Chidambaram told reporters here.
"It all depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court," he added.
The Union Finance minister was on a day-long visit to Bihar to attend a meeting on Nalanda International University and State Level Bankers Meet at Rajgir, about 100 km from the state capital.
The collapse of chit-fund operator Saradha group has rocked West Bengal and neighbouring states where lakhs of people have been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside