Chit fund scam: ‘CBI probe depends on Kolkata HC order’
Patna: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said that a CBI inquiry into the chit fund scam in West Bengal depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court.
"The CBI has told the Calcutta High Court that it can probe the chit fund scam if the HC entrusts it the task," Chidambaram told reporters here.
"It all depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court," he added.
The Union Finance minister was on a day-long visit to Bihar to attend a meeting on Nalanda International University and State Level Bankers Meet at Rajgir, about 100 km from the state capital.
The collapse of chit-fund operator Saradha group has rocked West Bengal and neighbouring states where lakhs of people have been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency