Chit fund scam: ‘CBI probe depends on Kolkata HC order’
Patna: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said that a CBI inquiry into the chit fund scam in West Bengal depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court.
"The CBI has told the Calcutta High Court that it can probe the chit fund scam if the HC entrusts it the task," Chidambaram told reporters here.
"It all depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court," he added.
The Union Finance minister was on a day-long visit to Bihar to attend a meeting on Nalanda International University and State Level Bankers Meet at Rajgir, about 100 km from the state capital.
The collapse of chit-fund operator Saradha group has rocked West Bengal and neighbouring states where lakhs of people have been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt announces 13 winners of Fast track Smart City competition; Lucknow tops list
- CBSE result 2016 Class 10 to be declared on May 27. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Incoming Philippine president launches vulgar attacks on Church
- Negative global cues drag equity markets lower