Chit fund scam: ‘CBI probe depends on Kolkata HC order’
Patna: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said that a CBI inquiry into the chit fund scam in West Bengal depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court.
"The CBI has told the Calcutta High Court that it can probe the chit fund scam if the HC entrusts it the task," Chidambaram told reporters here.
"It all depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court," he added.
The Union Finance minister was on a day-long visit to Bihar to attend a meeting on Nalanda International University and State Level Bankers Meet at Rajgir, about 100 km from the state capital.
The collapse of chit-fund operator Saradha group has rocked West Bengal and neighbouring states where lakhs of people have been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family