Chit fund scam: ‘CBI probe depends on Kolkata HC order’
Patna: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Saturday said that a CBI inquiry into the chit fund scam in West Bengal depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court.
"The CBI has told the Calcutta High Court that it can probe the chit fund scam if the HC entrusts it the task," Chidambaram told reporters here.
"It all depends on the decision of the Calcutta High Court," he added.
The Union Finance minister was on a day-long visit to Bihar to attend a meeting on Nalanda International University and State Level Bankers Meet at Rajgir, about 100 km from the state capital.
The collapse of chit-fund operator Saradha group has rocked West Bengal and neighbouring states where lakhs of people have been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player