Chit fund scam: Saradha group top official arrested
Canning (WB): A top official of ponzi scheme Saradha Group, who had been absconding for the past two months, was arrested at Purba Jadavpur on the outskirts of Kolkata, police said on Sunday.
Arindam Das alias Bumba was arrested while trying to flee from a place at Purba Jadavpur last night, the police said.
He allegedly swindled thousands of investors of South 24-Parganas district by not depositing the money in the head office of Saradha Group, sources said.
Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen also alleged that Das, as the main official looking after the deposit of money from investors in the district, stole the deposits.
An auto-rickshaw driver, Das would buy property for the chit fund company in the beginning and later allegedly stole the money, the sources said.
Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate of Baruipur, Debdip Manna remanded Das in 14 days police custody when he was produced before him today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!