Chit funds funding Maoists, opposition: Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday warned people against investing in chit funds and said the money was being used to fund Maoists and opposition parties.
"They (chit fund operators) are giving money to Maoists, to the CPI-M and the Congress. Do not invest in chit funds," Banerjee said while addressing a panchayat poll rally in West Midnapore district.
"The CPI-M has drained away the common man`s money. We will return their money. It will be secure with us," said Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?