Congress demands CBI inquiry in Saradha group ponzi scam
Kolkata: Demanding a CBI inquiry into the Saradha group ponzi scam, the Congress on Thursday said the people need to know who took away the money involved in the swindle.
"The only thing which can bring out the truth about the Saradha scam is a CBI inquiry, only the CBI can conduct an investigation into a scam of such magnitude," state Congress Chief Pradip Bhattacharya told a rally here.
"The people of Bengal need answers as to who took the money siphoned off by Saradha group. TMC MP Kunal Ghosh has been arrested and there are a lot of questions, which the ruling Trinamool Congress has to answer," he said.
Arrested TMC MP Kunal Ghosh was involved in activities of the Saradha group other than those commensurate with his position as CEO of the group`s media arm, the police had said.
Bhattacharya also lashed out at the Trinamool leadership for poaching on Congress leaders and MLAs.
"If they (TMC) think they can finish off the Congress by poaching on Congress leaders and MLAs, then they are wrong. Those who have left Congress out of greed for power and money, were muck for the party. It is good that they have left the Congress," he said.
The state Congress leadership, which in the last few months have been battling defections of several of its leaders and MLAs to the Trinamool, today organised a law violation program here to make its presence felt in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details