CPI-M leader in hospital after attack
Kolkata: Veteran CPI-M leader and former West Bengal minister Abdur Rezzak Molla was admitted to a hospital here with injuries after he was allegedly attacked by Trinamool members on Sunday.
CPI-M leader Surya Kanta Mishra accused Trinamool Congress legislator Arabul Islam of leading the attack in South 24 Parganas` Bhangar area.
"(They) assaulted Molla when he went to Bhangar to visit our party office, which was set on fire by Trinamool workers last night," Mishra said.
"Molla got multiple injuries on his mouth and waist. He has been admitted to a hospital in Kolkata," said the Communist Party of India-Marxist leader.
He demanded the arrest of Islam and others. Hospital sources said Molla`s lower lip had been stitched and his condition was now stable.
State Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya condemned the incident and also demanded the arrest of the Trinamool legislator.
Islam rejected the accusation and alleged that Molla was making a "false statement" to malign the Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray