CPI-M leader in hospital after attack
Kolkata: Veteran CPI-M leader and former West Bengal minister Abdur Rezzak Molla was admitted to a hospital here with injuries after he was allegedly attacked by Trinamool members on Sunday.
CPI-M leader Surya Kanta Mishra accused Trinamool Congress legislator Arabul Islam of leading the attack in South 24 Parganas` Bhangar area.
"(They) assaulted Molla when he went to Bhangar to visit our party office, which was set on fire by Trinamool workers last night," Mishra said.
"Molla got multiple injuries on his mouth and waist. He has been admitted to a hospital in Kolkata," said the Communist Party of India-Marxist leader.
He demanded the arrest of Islam and others. Hospital sources said Molla`s lower lip had been stitched and his condition was now stable.
State Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya condemned the incident and also demanded the arrest of the Trinamool legislator.
Islam rejected the accusation and alleged that Molla was making a "false statement" to malign the Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir