CPI-M leader in hospital after attack
Kolkata: Veteran CPI-M leader and former West Bengal minister Abdur Rezzak Molla was admitted to a hospital here with injuries after he was allegedly attacked by Trinamool members on Sunday.
CPI-M leader Surya Kanta Mishra accused Trinamool Congress legislator Arabul Islam of leading the attack in South 24 Parganas` Bhangar area.
"(They) assaulted Molla when he went to Bhangar to visit our party office, which was set on fire by Trinamool workers last night," Mishra said.
"Molla got multiple injuries on his mouth and waist. He has been admitted to a hospital in Kolkata," said the Communist Party of India-Marxist leader.
He demanded the arrest of Islam and others. Hospital sources said Molla`s lower lip had been stitched and his condition was now stable.
State Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya condemned the incident and also demanded the arrest of the Trinamool legislator.
Islam rejected the accusation and alleged that Molla was making a "false statement" to malign the Trinamool Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!